The Barean Crannog Interpretation Board (See below).
Projects Report for August 2021
1. Southwick Bus Shelter (Fully grant funded)
- Invoice agreed with the supplier & submitted for payment at £1,386.54
- Softboard noticeboards installed in all 3 bus shelters at a cost of £61.46.
- F. Gourlay has indicated that the cost of the Southwick shelter includes provision for a second coat of varnish, that will be completed in about 1month’s time
- The total cost of the project will be £1,473.00 which is on budget compared with the grant from RRFC (£1,473.00)
2. Barean Crannog Interpretation Board Project. (Fully grant funded)
- Installation is due on Wednesday 1st September 2021
- Paving slabs to be installed by volunteers after 1st September
- Anticipated cost is £1,084.50 + VAT. (VAT amount not covered by grant) Unused balance of just under £915.00 will need to be returned to SWEAT
- New finger sign to the Barean Crannog due to be installed at no cost to C&SCC by D&G Outdoor Access Team.
3. Coastal Path Interpretation Boards Project. (Fully grant funded)
- Design of 4 of the boards are now almost complete. The Robin Rigg Board is awaiting final approval from RWE Renewables
- Final board on local geology is scheduled for completion in the next couple of weeks. An order for manufacture / installation will then be placed with Alba Printers of Dumfries.
- Location of the 3 boards on the Rockcliffe – Port O’Warren has now been agreed with landowners. The location of the boards on the Portling to Sandyhills sector are in the process of being agreed with the landowner.
4. Coastal Path
- The C&SCC have received several complaints from members of the public about the overgrown nature of the path. Investigation of these complaints has indicated that there has been substantial growth of gorse recently. The help of Community Payback has been sought, and a response is awaited.
5. Colvend Hall Emergency Generator Connection. (Fully grant funded)
- The project is now fully funded (D&G Hardship Funding + National Lottery Community Funding)
- Order to be placed with Lotus Electrical to do the work.
- Colvend Hall Committee need to agree the location of the outlet.
6. Meikle Richorn dyking repairs.
- No progress to date.
7. Castle Point Beach Access
- Site meeting held on 24th August to discuss the provision of steps on the steep initial section of the path. A formal response is now awaited from John Bigham as to whether this proposal will be accepted.
- The intention is to submit an application for funding to the Robin Rigg Community Fund before 5th November to support this project.